Investing in the Nations of Mercosur: A Focus on Brazil
May 29 - 30, 2008
Club de Golf del Uruguay
Montevideo - URUGUAY
The Inter-American Economic Council is organizing a meeting in Montevideo Uruguay, the Headquarters City of Mercosur, dealing as a broad theme with regional integration with a particular focus on Brazil. The Meeting will provide an in depth look at regional integration and foreign direct investment in Brazil. The objective of the Mercosur Brazil 2008 Investment Meeting will be to offer the opportunity to engage Government Officials and Business Leaders from the Southern Cone in a dialogue to discuss in concrete terms way to attract more Foreign Direct Investment to the region. Brazil's role in Mercosur and the Southern Cone will be analyzed along with ability to project its economic and trade prowess in Global Markets.
Some of the topics on the Agenda include:
- Regional Integration within Mercosur
- What is the Brazilian government's plans for pushing the development agenda forward? Challenges and Opportunities
- The government's efforts to create a competitive operating envirnment and attract more Foreign Direct Investment: and Opportunities for Public Private Sector Cooperation
- A discussion of the growth acceleration programme (PAC - Programa de Aceleração do Crescimento)
- Mercosur and Brazil in the global economy
- Brazil's Economic and Trade Prowess in the Global Marketplace
- Strategies for Promoting Investment in the States of Brazil
- Brazilian Politics and the 2010 Electons
Brazil was chosen as the focus of this year's Mercosur Meeting because it has a pivotal role to play in what will happen to our hemisphere and planet over the next few decades. The event format will include keynote addresses and also discussion groups between prospective investors, NGO's, and the Brazilian Government.
Please contact our Executive Director, Mr. Ramon Zertuche, at 202-548-0400 or via e-mail at [email protected]
Copyright 2002-2003 - Inter-American Economic Council - All Rights Reserved.